By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.

//Richard Dawkins



Friday, April 20, 2012

storage box

Storage box is what we all need. you can easily find them anywhere, but I think they look so dull! I made this one myself, from an old cardboard box I had lying around, some white paint, some rope, glue and paper. What I did was that I just glued my cardboard pieces together (with my glue gun), then I cut out some paper pieces in to squares. I found some in a magazine, i was aiming for green, white and gray colours. After I glued on all the paper pieces, I draw some rose and floral motives, and then cut them out for using as stencils. I used normal white paint (just random pain i found in the cellar) and used my stencil brush and dotted on some rose patterns on the box. after that I just randomly dotted on some white colour to make it look a bit more vintage and shabby. Then I wrapped some rope around it to make it look a bit more like a gift box, glued on a heart jewelry and thats it. Doesn't it look shabby chic. So simple! It really looks like the box is made of wood!