By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.

//Richard Dawkins



Monday, March 19, 2012

My name is Carla, and I'm a Craftaholic!

March came with lovely weather and it's more or less Spring in Stoke. I've been over hyperactive lately when it comes to crafts and being creative. Our garden has had a total make over, planted lots of flowers, my own herbs and in a couple of weeks I'm gonna plant some tomatoes and potatoes.
This whole Recycling/Organic/Eco/friendly style has really gotten to me, which is absolutely wonderful. I have saved so much money lately by really thinking trough before I buy something. Is it really necessarily for me to buy this? Maybe I can make it myself? often the answer is yes, I can make it myself, and is so much fun! And that feeling that you get after creating something is amazing.
The only thing I need now is a working space. I've been saving up so much fabric, papers, tiles, glue, paint and so on, so I defo need a work space, and that's gonna be a project as well. Try to squeeze in a work table in our little bedroom is gonna be challenging, but I'm defo up for a challenge! Let's see how it turn out shall we.

Here is some of my crafts;


Flowers made of paper, glued on spray painted branches. An easy but so pretty idea.


Don't know what to do with all your earrings? I decided to get some branches from our back yard and spray paint them white. Then just hang up earrings and it's gonna look stunning.


a rose made of plastic teaspoons, melted together and glued onto a vase. Pretty!


Fuzzy Shoe